Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Calories: 110 kcal
Serving: 4 servings
When summer is finally taking over, that means barbecues, family gatherings and picnics. And without the start of the show none of the above is complete. Corn on the cob is the perfect easy delicious side dish to make during these hot summer days.
Corn on it’s season, the weather is hot and perfect for a picnic. It’s super easy and fast, what’s your excuse!! I know you will love it as much as I do.
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 4 tsp butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Peel the corn on the cob and remove the silks.
- In 5-quart saucepan, Dutch oven or stockpot, heat water and salt to boiling
- place your ears of corn into your heated water, cover the pot, turn off the heat, and let the corn cook in the hot water until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Remove the corn on the cob from the hot water and place on a platter.
- Peel an inch or two of the paper off of one end of a cold stick of butter, Hold onto the paper covered end of the stick of butter, that will help you easily butter the corn on the cob. Sprinkle salt the salt bae way and enjoy.
Tips And tricks:
Grilled steak, pasta salad, or fresh fruit that’s what i like to pair it with.
It gets mushy if it’s overcooked, so be careful not to ruin the juicy, crispy taste.